Using games to promote reading comprehension: how can programs like Reading Eggs advance literacy?
What is reading eggs?
With so many children’s reading apps on the market like Sight Words Reading Games and First Grade Learning Games Education, it's hard to know what program is worth investing in. In this article, we will focus on one literacy package that in recent months has become very popular.
To become fluent readers, children need to practice certain skills until they become automatic or fluent. Reading Eggs also known as Learn to Read app is a multi-award-winning learning program that helps children learn to read. In many countries, many families had to make the shift to educating their children at home. This platform includes videos and age-appropriate activities that help children learn for themselves. In this blog, we will see how educational apps like Reading eggs promote learning in a fun-based manner which the children enjoy.
Reading eggs is an educational app that is created by an experienced team of elementary school teachers, writers, and developers to help children become fluent and proficient readers. The learning resource supports children's reading journey with carefully designed online reading games and activities that are easy to follow, self–paced, and highly engaging for young learners. Thus promotes learning in a fun-based and interactive manner. Reading Eggs inculcates Virtual Learning Environment. It is applicable for children in the age group of 2 – 13. The screen video recording delivers instructional steps that augment the role of the teacher. Embedded into each lesson or interactive activities provide opportunities for children to practice reading skills.
Reading Eggs is available on a Monthly App subscription. It is an interactive learning app based on
- Sight words
Meeting the individual needs of every child can be quite a challenge, technology solutions can enable us to monitor the progress of all the school students. How can a product like reading eggs promote learning?
How does reading eggs help children?
Reading Eggs is an online phonics program that helps children to become strong readers. It’s a program that includes fun-filled levels where children get acquainted with all aspects of the English language including:
- Sound recognition
- The blending of letters
- Spelling and grammar
There is no doubt that if used appropriately, games are a powerful resource for learning. Reading eggs have games for children which are attractive and engaging. The literacy programs claim to help children:
- Enjoy, interact, have fun
- Achieve milestones and competences
- Improve their overall literacy performance
- Discuss their learning
- Take initiative
In doing so the child gets introduced to:
Integrating the use of video platforms within lesson plans enables children to understand in a game-based way and in many classrooms, has become extended practice. Reading Eggs helps children to build their phonics and reading skills using
- Interactive games
- Guided reading lessons
- Fun activities
- Over 2000 digital storybooks
Children love the games, songs, golden eggs, and other rewards. READING EGGS challenges high attaining readers and scaffolds struggling readers progression. Let's see how Reading Eggs are put into use in the classroom.
How do you use reading eggs in the classroom?
Healthy child development provides the building blocks for educational achievement. When used appropriately in a balanced way, learning platforms can contribute to:
- Cognitive Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Speech and Language Development
- Fine Motor Skill Development and
- Gross Motor Skill Development
All of these areas are essential for the growth and development of a child. There is a comprehensive amount of support information and resources on Reading Eggs. If the teacher wants to read a big book in the class or take a lesson on phonics and grammar, Reading Eggs has it all. Teachers also direct the children to use Reading Eggs as an at-home practice which is a Monthly App subscription. To achieve educational goals, the teacher can make use of several interactive learning techniques including:
- Learning from doing.
- Learning from mistakes.
- Goal-oriented learning.
- Constructive learning.
The Reading Egg app
Students on the platform can expect to get access to:
- Reading eggs – carefully sequenced lessons with Activities applicable for kids in the age group 2-13. The how-to videos provide 2nd-grade students with concrete guidance.
- Reading eggs junior lessons - are presented in three broad levels with 40 lessons in each level. The reading levels are recorded and harder activities are introduced upon successful completion.
- The first level is for absolute beginners.
- The second stage is the emergent level of reading.
- Reading Eggs Express - makes reading real books, improving spelling skills, building reading comprehension applicable for kids in the age group of 7-13.
- Mathseed – teaches core math skills with fun and rewarding lessons applicable for children in the age group of 3 -8.
Reaching a conclusion about Reading Eggs
Reading eggs is an educational tool that consists of small systems aimed at achieving clear educational goals and evaluating them in real teaching situations.
- Engagement in interactive games can promote engagement.
- The product helps children to learn actively.
- Empowers school learners to communicate.
- The engaging activities boost language development.
During the school year 2016-17, Readingeggs.com showed improved literacy among second-grade children. Results from the targeted population revealed that the Reading Eggs used as a supplement was effective in improving reading proficiency scores.
Are you concerned about classroom passivity? Are your pupils engaged in their work? Use this free tool to assess how your classrooms are functioning.